Written by: Anna Nicholson and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Ananthakrishnan AN. Environmental Triggers for Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2013 January;15(1): 302. doi: 10.1007/s11894-012-0302-4.
- Smoking and IBD. Crohn's and Colitis UK. Available at http://www.ibdclinic.ca/media/uploads/smoking_and_ibd.pdf. Accessed 1/29/18.
- February-Smoking Cessation. Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. Available at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/science-and-professionals/programs-materials/ibd-nurses/archives/ibd-nurse-tips-february.pdf. Accessed 1/29/18.
- Loftus EV Jr. Clinical epidemiology of inflammatory bowel disease: Incidence, prevalence, and environmental influences. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:1504-1517.
- Molodecky NA, Kaplan GG. Environmental Risk Factors for Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Gastroenterology & Hepatology. 2010;6(5):339-346.