Can Circadian Rhythms Influence Crohn’s and Colitis?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The InflammatoryBowelDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Swanson, G. R., Burgess, H. J., & Keshavarzian, A. (2011). Sleep disturbances and inflammatory bowel disease: a potential trigger for disease flare? Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, 7(1), 29–36. doi: 10.1586/eci.10.83
- Codoñer-Franch, P., & Gombert, M. (2018). Circadian rhythms in the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal diseases. World Journal of Gastroenterology, 24(38), 4297–4303. doi: 10.3748/wjg.v24.i38.4297
- Ananthakrishnan, A. N., Long, M. D., Martin, C. F., Sandler, R. S., & Kappelman, M. D. (2013). Sleep Disturbance and Risk of Active Disease in Patients With Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 11(8), 965–971. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2013.01.021
- Gombert, M., Carrasco-Luna, J., Pin-Arboledas, G., & Codoñer-Franch, P. (2019). The connection of circadian rhythm to inflammatory bowel disease. Translational Research, 206, 107–118. doi: 10.1016/j.trsl.2018.12.001
- (n.d.). Peristalsis and Sleep: How both work in tandem with circadian rhythms. Retrieved from https://www.soundsleephealth.com/blog/peristalsis-and-sleep-how-both-work-in-tandem-with-circadian-rhythms