Crohn’s Hair Loss and the Best Solution for Hair Regrowth.
On top of all the terrible symptoms we have to deal with for having Crohn’s disease, hair loss is certainly one that I wish wasn’t on the list. When I was first put on Remicade at the beginning of my diagnosis, I noticed that more hair was falling out during my showers. I really didn’t think anything of it. I had long, luscious, thick hair and I was used to always having some hair fall out during my routine hair washing, but from the start of beginning Remicade I noticed an increase in hair loss.
Worsening hair loss as a side effect from Crohn's
After about a couple of months on Remicade, things with my hair became worse. Not only were clumps starting to fall out during showers, but I started to notice major shedding around my house. I first noticed hair loss on my pillow which I had never seen before. And then one day, I remember sweeping my room and finding crazy amounts of hair on the floor. I became really concerned.
Unfortunately, in the beginning of my diagnosis, I wasn’t the best advocate for myself, so when I saw my hair falling out, I figured it would go away on its own. Well, after three or so years of waiting for it to magically get better, you can imagine the tremendous hair loss I endured. I went from luscious locks to stringy, thin, depleted hair.
A fix for rapid hair growth
Finally, I decided to do some research and find something I could do that would promote rapid hair growth. Well, upon trying a couple of things, I came across this hair mask that gave me mind-blowing results and I am so excited to share!
The magic ingredient is castor oil. Apparently, castor oil is a master for hair regrowth, and from my personal experience, it truly works. Here is how to make the hair mask:
- Take three tablespoons of organic castor oil and place in a bowl.
- Take one tablespoon of organic coconut oil and mix into the castor oil.
- If you have peppermint, lavender or cedarwood essential oil, add 1-2 drops into the mixture. Please make sure the oils you are using can be used topically as not all can. If they cannot be used topically do not use them in this mixture.
- Massage the mixture into damp hair for 5 minutes, roots to tip. For best results, massage the mixture while the head is between your legs and hair is flipped over. This promotes blood flow to your scalp furthering faster hair growth.
- Leave the mask in your hair overnight and wash out in the morning. If you prefer not to sleep in the mixture, leave the mask in your hair for at least 4 hours before you wash out.
- Repeat this once a week, if you are able twice a week.
- Watch your hair grow exponentially within a month!
Doing this once a week for a month straight, I kid you not, my hair grew over an inch. Also, my locks became shiny and soft and it looked the healthiest I’ve ever seen it! So if you struggle with hair loss, give this mask a try. It gave me tremendous results and I hope it does the same for you.
Have you ever tried this hair mask before? Do you struggle with hair loss? What other treatments have you done to improve hair growth? Share below!
Will you help us understand the impact of Crohn's & colitis by taking the IBD In America Survey (US only)?