The History of the J-Pouch
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The InflammatoryBowelDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Parks, A. G., and R. J. Nicholls. "Proctocolectomy without Ileostomy for Ulcerative Colitis." Bmj 2.6130 (1978): 85-88. Web.
- Dozois, R.r. "Ileal ‘J’ Pouch–anal Anastomosis." Frontiers in Colorectal Disease (1986): n. pag. Web.
- Melville, D. M., J. K. Ritchie, R. J. Nicholls, and P. R. Hawley. "Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis in the Era of the Pouch: The St Mark's Hospital Experience." Gut 35.8 (1994): 1076-080. Web.
- Onaitis, Mark W., and Christopher Mantyh. "Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis for Ulcerative Colitis and Familial Adenomatous Polyposis." Annals of Surgery 238.Supplement (2003): n. pag. Web.
- Mcguire, B. B., A. E. Brannigan, and P. R. O'connell. "Ileal Pouch–anal Anastomosis." British Journal of Surgery Br J Surg 94.7 (2007): 812-23. Web.
- Scoglio, Daniele. "Surgical Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: Ileorectal vs Ileal Pouch-anal Anastomosis." World Journal of Gastroenterology WJG 20.37 (2014): 13211. Web.