Coping with Mental Health: Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Written by: Michael Booth | Last reviewed: September 2019.
- Van der Watt G, Laugharne J, Janca A. Complementary and alternative medicine in the treatment of anxiety and depression. Curr Opin Psych. 2008 Jan;21(1):37-42. doi: 10.1097/YCO.0b013e3282f2d814.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM). Available at: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health. Accessed 9-18-17.
- Ventola CL. Current Issues Regarding Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in the United States: Part 1: The Widespread Use of CAM and the Need for Better-Informed Health Care Professionals to Provide Patient Counseling. Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2010;35(8):461-468.
- Vora, E., Aloysi, A. and Zhuk, R. (2016) Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Psychiatry, in Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Psychiatry (eds A. B. Simon, A. S. New and W. K. Goodman), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. doi: 10.1002/9781118654231.ch46.
- Wu P, Fuller C, et al. Use of complementary and alternative medicine among women with depression: results of a national survey. Psychiatric Services. 2007 Mar;58(3):349-356.