Acai Smoothie Bowl
I am a huge fan of acai smoothie bowls. They are fresh, delicious, easy to digest, and packed with essential nutrients. Also, they're fun to create since you can mix and match your favorite toppings to create the taste you desire.
I used to buy them quite often, but they are pricey and can really add up week after week. So, I decided to make my own and realized how easy it is to make one in the comfort of my own kitchen. And, I can add whichever toppings I prefer without paying the surcharge!
Note: Based on your dietary preferences and constraints, feel free to add the suggested toppings or select a few of your own that work best for you and your body!
Acai smoothie bowl ingredients
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I prefer unsweetened oat milk)
- Optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 banana (other half from the base)
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Drizzle of honey
Acai smoothie bowl directions
- Put all ingredients for the base in a blender or NutriBullet and pour into a bowl.
- Spread toppings across the bowl. Enjoy immediately.
- calories: 124
- carbohydrate: 25.2g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 3.4g
- protein: 2.3g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 32mg
- sugars: 14.3g
- total fat: 2.3g
Disclaimer: Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Does the change in weather impact your Crohn's or colitis?