Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Last updated: June 2023
These wraps are perfect for lunch or dinner and are great to make ahead and then just assemble when you want to eat them. I also enjoy these when going on a picnic since you can put the fillers in a Tupperware container and keep the lettuce leaves in a separate bag.
However, should you not tolerate raw lettuce, please substitute for your favorite wrap so that they are easier to digest. Alternatively, you can enjoy just the chicken mixture plain or over rice to add variety. The possibilities of this recipe are endless!
Ingredients for balsamic chicken lettuce wraps:
- 3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic Vinegar
- 15 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Sliced green onions for garnish
Directions to make balsamic chicken lettuce wraps:
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook 10-15 minutes. Drain liquid from skillet and return to heat.
- Add mushrooms, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to skillet. Cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Assemble lettuce cups: Place Bibb lettuce leaves on a place and top with chicken, carrots, and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, if desired.
Tip: Make the chicken mixture ahead of time, and keep refrigerated until ready to eat. You can reheat in a skillet over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, then plate on lettuce cups.
- calories: 288
- cholesterol: 98mg
- dietary fiber: 0.8g
- potassium: 191mg
- protein: 40.3g
- saturated fat: 1.5g
- sodium: 126mg
- total fat: 12.9g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Does living with IBD impact you financially?