Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Oatmeal
Last updated: July 2021
Chocolate peanut butter and banana is one of my favorite flavor combinations. This breakfast is great any day, or especially when I’m having a flare-up. The oatmeal and banana both help ease diarrhea, the peanut butter is a delicious low-fat protein source, and the cocoa powder has anti-inflammatory properties.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for chocolate peanut butter and banana oatmeal:
- 1/3 cup oatmeal, preferably quick or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tsp smooth/creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
Directions for chocolate peanut butter and banana oatmeal:
- Combine oatmeal and water and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- While still hot, stir in the peanut butter until melted and blended completely.
- Next, stir in the cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Top with the sliced banana and drizzle with honey.
- calories: 296
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 7g
- protein: 7.9g
- saturated fat: 1.7g
- sodium: 58mg
- total fat: 7.8g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How satisfied are you with your current work-life balance?
Join the conversation