Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal
Chocolate peanut butter and banana is one of my favorite flavor combinations. This breakfast is great any day, or especially when I’m having a flare-up. The oatmeal and banana both help ease diarrhea, the peanut butter is a delicious low-fat protein source, and the cocoa powder has anti-inflammatory properties.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for chocolate peanut butter and banana oatmeal:
- 1/3 cup oatmeal, preferably quick or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tsp smooth/creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
Directions for chocolate peanut butter and banana oatmeal:
- Combine oatmeal and water and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- While still hot, stir in the peanut butter until melted and blended completely.
- Next, stir in the cocoa powder until dissolved.
- Top with the sliced banana and drizzle with honey.
- calories: 296
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 7g
- protein: 7.9g
- saturated fat: 1.7g
- sodium: 58mg
- total fat: 7.8g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you completed the IBD in America survey? Answer poll for survey link.