Gluten-Free Apple Pie
In 2013, I went gluten-free to help with my Crohn's symptoms and it changed my life. I am not here to preach about a gluten-free diet, rather I am here to offer those who have given it up a delicious dessert that is free of gluten, as well as refined sugar – yet it has a ton of flavor!
Apples and cinnamon are an amazing combination, and when adding a crumbly topping, you have all of the ingredients for a tasty and satisfying dessert that is gentle on the tummy.
Ingredients for gluten-free apple pie
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon and salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 cups peeled apple, sliced thin (Gala are best)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
Gluten-free apple pie directions:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir in the oil and water to make a dough. (Using your hands to mix and knead is encouraged!)
- Transfer to the prepared pan, press down hard along the bottom and edges of pan, and bake 12 minutes on the center rack.
- While the crust is baking, mix the apples with cinnamon in a mixing bowl and then spread evenly over the baked crust.
- In a third, small bowl, combine all crumble topping ingredients. Spread the crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until apples are soft.
Note: Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing the springform.
- calories: 251
- carbohydrate: 35.3g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 89mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 6.7g
- sodium: 1mg
- total fat: 11.7g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you take our In America survey to help others understand the true impact of Crohn's and UC?