Gluten-Free Apple Pie
In 2013, I went gluten-free to help with my Crohn's symptoms and it changed my life. I am not here to preach about a gluten-free diet, rather I am here to offer those who have given it up a delicious dessert that is free of gluten, as well as refined sugar – yet it has a ton of flavor!
Apples and cinnamon are an amazing combination, and when adding a crumbly topping, you have all of the ingredients for a tasty and satisfying dessert that is gentle on the tummy.
Ingredients for gluten-free apple pie
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp each: cinnamon and salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 cups peeled apple, sliced thin (Gala are best)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
Gluten-free apple pie directions:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, combine all dry crust ingredients, then stir in the oil and water to make a dough. (Using your hands to mix and knead is encouraged!)
- Transfer to the prepared pan, press down hard along the bottom and edges of pan, and bake 12 minutes on the center rack.
- While the crust is baking, mix the apples with cinnamon in a mixing bowl and then spread evenly over the baked crust.
- In a third, small bowl, combine all crumble topping ingredients. Spread the crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until apples are soft.
Note: Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing the springform.
- calories: 251
- carbohydrate: 35.3g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 89mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 6.7g
- sodium: 1mg
- total fat: 11.7g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Does the change in weather impact your Crohn's or colitis?