Gluten-Free Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
We're quickly approaching winter, but it's technically still autumn here in the Northeast. So you know what that means – time for pumpkin EVERYTHING! However, if you are like me, maybe you like pumpkin flavor, but pumpkin pie isn't your favorite dessert. Or, maybe you are also like me and cannot tolerate gluten, so pie is typically off the table all together for Thanksgiving.
Luckily, I discovered a tasty gluten-free dessert that combines the delicious flavor of pumpkin that is both delicious and decadent.
And, as a bonus, since these are "mini," they are more portion-controlled, which prevents overeating and indulging. Which can be easy to do during the holiday season!
Ingredients for gluten-free mini pumpkin cheesecakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup nonfat or 2% fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Directions for gluten-free mini pumpkin cheesecakes
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Stir together all crust ingredients until a coarse, sand-like texture forms.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil or silicone muffin liners.
- Press about 1.5 tablespoons of the crust mix into each of the 12 muffin cups. Depending on how fine your almond flour was, you might have some left over. Just distribute it evenly and cover the entire bottom of all the cups.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until the edges start to slightly brown.
- Remove crusts from the oven and allow the crust to cool while you prepare the filling. (You can put them in the refrigerator to cool quicker).
- Using a hand mixer, add all filling ingredients and whip the filling mixture on high speed for 5-6 minutes until everything is incorporated.
- When your crust is completely cool, scoop ~3 tablespoons of filling into each of the muffin cups so that the cups are filled 3/4 of the way.
- Put the cheesecakes into the fridge and chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- calories: 295
- carbohydrates: 28.2g
- cholesterol: 47mg
- dietary fiber: 1g
- protein: 6.2g
- saturated fat: 9.7g
- sugar: 12.9g
- total fat: 17.8g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you live with allergies in addition to Crohn's or UC? If so, which ones? (Select all that apply)