Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
In a hurry? Cook in your Instant Pot! Not so much & just want to slow cook or bake your chicken in the oven? That works too. I’ve tried both multiple times now - fair warning, I love my Instant Pot, so that wins every time. So, today I’ll be sharing my pulled chicken recipe and creating a great dinner.
Makes 1 serving (1-2 sandwiches)
Ingredients for pulled chicken
- 1 chicken breast for each person (shredded)
- Bbq sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Brioche buns
Directions for Instant Pot pulled chicken
- Manually cook thawed chicken for 10 minutes. Include a bit of chicken broth and if you want, you can put your BBQ sauce with the chicken now or after it's been cooked. Either way is fine, but for those of us with hands that have a hard time pulling apart with 2 forks even after they’ve been cooked, a cooking partner with non-arthritic joints may be of great help.
- Remember to set your Instant Pot on Manual for 10 minutes set in about 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and naturally release when done.
- As mentioned before, you can add the BBQ sauces after everything has been shredded (my preference). It’s easier to season afterward with liquids, in my past experiences with instant potting. (If I were going to make ranch dressing infused chicken, I would put that powder in with the broth). Waiting to put the BBQ sauce on after might also prevent it from curdling.
- While your chicken cooks and naturally releases the pressure, mash up your avocado, put some mozzarella cheese on your brioche buns and stick them in the oven for a quick 6 minutes to warm them up and melt the cheese.
- Have your partner shred the chicken once it comes out of the Instant Pot and then dress is with as much or little BBQ sauce as you’d like. Create a small assembly line of your buns, avocado, and anything else you’d like on your sandwich (nutrition facts will change if you substitute).
- Lastly, it’s eating time! Plate your sandwiches with your melted cheesy buns, put some mashed avocado on one side and your BBQ sauced-up pulled barbecue chicken on the other side. (This is an easy recipe to take away the bread/carbs is you are avoiding gluten, are on the keto diet, or just trying to count carbs.) The shredded chicken pulls everything together.
Pairs well with seedless watermelon, fruity salsa, and restaurant-style tortilla chips!
- calories: 700
- cholesterol: 155mg
- dietary fiber: 11g
- potassium: 750mg
- protein: 44g
- saturated fat: 8g
- sodium: 570mg
- total fat: 38g
- trans fat: 3g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have a diagnosis story to share?