Mei Fun Stir Fry
I absolutely love Chinese food, however, it does not always love me. If you are also suffering from Crohn's or UC, you may notice that Chinese food never sits well due to its heavy sauces, added MSG, and greasy texture.
I have searched high and low for recipes that mimic my favorite Chinese dishes and tweaked them to fit my pallet and individual dietary needs.
Below is my recipe for mei fun stir fry that will make you think you are getting takeout from your favorite Chinese restaurant... Without the post-meal stomach ache and guilt! Also, feel free to add whichever protein or veggies that will work best for you if the ingredients that I list are not well tolerated.
Ingredients for mei fun stir fry
- 1 tsp. clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp. diced garlic
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced beef (or protein of choice)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 3 handfuls of raw organic spinach
- 1 c. beef broth
- 2 1/2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 package mei fun (rice) noodles
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 tsp. gluten-free soy sauce (tamari)
Directions for mei fun stir fry
- Soak rice noodles in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- In a wok or skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in ghee until golden brown.
- Add beef and cook until well done. Drain.
- Return wok with beef to stove and add sesame oil, peppers, spinach, beef broth, coconut aminos, and fish sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice noodles.
- Cover wok with lid and cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes, or until noodles are soft.
- Scramble egg in a separate pan and add to wok, mix in with rest of stir fry.
- Serve and season with soy sauce/tamari to taste.
- calories: 250
- carbohydrates: 17.3g
- cholesterol: 107mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- potassium: 463mg
- protein: 21.6g
- saturated fat: 2.9g
- sodium: 744mg
- sugars: 1.5g
- total fat: 9.9g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you entered our Epicured Giveaway to win a $100 Gift Card?