Peppers, spinach, and eggs
To be honest, I’m not sure where this recipe came from. I think I saw an image and then tried to make my own version because I couldn’t remember where I’d seen it.
If you’re following a low residue diet, then this dish is not for you, but it IS wheat-free and gluten-free. If you’re a vegetarian who eats eggs, then swapping the parmesan for a vegetarian alternative makes it suitable for you too!
This recipe serves two, but I often halve the ingredients and do it in a smaller pan, for just me!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 mins
Peppers, spinach, and eggs ingredients:
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 1 large red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 large green pepper (finely sliced)
- 200g Baby spinach
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 10g Parmesan (finely grated)
- Salt, pepper, and chilli to season
- Half tsp olive oil
Diections to make peppers, spinach, and eggs:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a large frying pan/skillet, cook the onions and peppers in oil, over medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and dried chilli flakes.
- Add the baby spinach and move around in the pan until wilted and even distributed.
- If you are using canned tomatoes, add those now, and warm through.
- Check the seasoning.
- Create four wells and crack in the eggs.
- When the whites of the eggs look almost cooked, sprinkle with parmesan and pop under the grill to finish.
- I usually top the eggs with a little pepper - Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 240
- cholesterol: 331mg
- dietary fiber: 6g
- potassium: 1041mg
- protein: 17.7g
- saturated fat: 3.7g
- sodium: 333mg
- total fat: 11.7g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you visited our new and improved Forums page?