Peppers, spinach, and eggs
To be honest, I’m not sure where this recipe came from. I think I saw an image and then tried to make my own version because I couldn’t remember where I’d seen it.
If you’re following a low residue diet, then this dish is not for you, but it IS wheat-free and gluten-free. If you’re a vegetarian who eats eggs, then swapping the parmesan for a vegetarian alternative makes it suitable for you too!
This recipe serves two, but I often halve the ingredients and do it in a smaller pan, for just me!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 mins
Peppers, spinach, and eggs ingredients:
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 1 large red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 large green pepper (finely sliced)
- 200g Baby spinach
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 10g Parmesan (finely grated)
- Salt, pepper, and chilli to season
- Half tsp olive oil
Diections to make peppers, spinach, and eggs:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a large frying pan/skillet, cook the onions and peppers in oil, over medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and dried chilli flakes.
- Add the baby spinach and move around in the pan until wilted and even distributed.
- If you are using canned tomatoes, add those now, and warm through.
- Check the seasoning.
- Create four wells and crack in the eggs.
- When the whites of the eggs look almost cooked, sprinkle with parmesan and pop under the grill to finish.
- I usually top the eggs with a little pepper - Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 240
- cholesterol: 331mg
- dietary fiber: 6g
- potassium: 1041mg
- protein: 17.7g
- saturated fat: 3.7g
- sodium: 333mg
- total fat: 11.7g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you take our In America survey to help others understand the true impact of Crohn's and UC?