Pineapple, Turmeric, & Peanut Butter Frozen Smoothie Bowl
Today I'm back with another recipe and it's my pineapple, turmeric, and peanut butter frozen smoothie bowl. If you feel like you need to eat everything cold whilst the sun is shining, but your stomach doesn't do well with dairy, then why not try this instead?
Customize it to your diet
It's super easy to use as a cooling breakfast or snack topping. Or you could freeze the mix into lolly moulds and use them to make frozen smoothie popsicles instead.
Either way, this frozen treat is actually good for you: using turmeric, peanut butter, frozen pineapple, dairy-free yoghurt and honey. Coconut yoghurt makes this dish super creamy, but if you are sensitive to fats, use soy yoghurt or almond yoghurt instead (which may provide a slightly thinner consistency).
Pineapple is thought to be a good source of digestive enzymes but if you don't like it, mango works just as well. You can top it with your favourite cereal, oats, fruit or just eat as it is! Whatever works for your own individual diet.
Pineapple, Turmeric, & Peanut Butter Frozen Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
For the frozen smoothie base:
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup/60g of frozen pineapple (if you only have fresh, you'll need to add some ice cubes to the blender)
- Gluten-free oats, rice flakes, or any cereal of your choice
- Chopped fruits (whichever are safe for you)
How to Make My Pineapple, Turmeric, & Peanut Butter Frozen Smoothie Bowl
- Peel and chop the banana and add to the blender.
- Add frozen pineapple to the blender.
- Stir in the dairy-free yoghurt, turmeric, and peanut butter.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Stir in honey.
- Check pineapple chunks are fully blended. If not, blend for a further 30 seconds.
- Pour and top with your choice of toppings.
- calories: 258
- carbohydrates: 45.2g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 5.3g
- potassium: 651mg
- protein: 5.8g
- saturated fat: 1.9g
- sodium: 77mg
- total fat: 8.7g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you entered our Epicured Giveaway to win a $100 Gift Card?