Prosciutto-Wrapped Halloumi And Asparagus
I love all three of these ingredients, so it makes sense that I would love this delicious snack! Plus, it’s super quick and easy to make! Suitable for a light bite at a party, or to add other things too, to make a meal.
It's important to note that there is very little I have to avoid now food-wise with ulcerative colitis, since my permanent ileostomy. I can eat any vegetable, as long as I chew thoroughly and I have something with it such as pasta, potato, rice or bread.
I don’t have a problem tolerating meat or cheese, but I prefer fish. The only thing that causes me any pain or discomfort are things with air trapped in them, such as whipped cream, mousse, or carbonated drinks.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Prosciutto wrapped halloumi and asparagus ingredients:
- 225g of Halloumi
- 12 asparagus
- 6 prosciutto slices
Prosciutto wrapped halloumi and asparagus cooking instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
- Cut the halloumi into 12 fingers and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus in two, discarding any woody ends.
- Slice the prosciutto in half, lengthways.
- Lay asparagus, halloumi, and another piece of asparagus on one end of the prosciutto, and roll it up. Place on a baking tray, and bake in the center of the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, until the edges of the halloumi are golden brown.
- calories: 108
- cholesterol: 23mg
- dietary fiber: 1.2g
- potassium: 134mg
- protein: 9.4g
- saturated fat: 4.4g
- sodium: 560mg
- total fat: 7.3g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you experienced joint pain as a symptom of Crohns or UC?