Spicy Prawn Pasta Bake
I love a good pasta bake, especially if it’s quick to prep! And, I love fish and seafood, so this recipe is a total winner for me!
I think this recipe is an adaptation from one of the meal-prep subscription boxes I’ve tried in the past. I love tomato-based sauces, garlic, and a little spice, and this dish delivers all of those things.
This time, I used spinach farfalle. If you need gluten-free, simply swap out the normal pasta for gluten-free pasta.
It’s important to note that everyone’s tolerances are different, so you may need to make some adaptations to the ingredients to suit your own needs. For me, thorough, chewing of the prawns is needed!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Spicy prawn pasta bake ingredients:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 can of finely chopped tomatoes
- 30g tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 400g of pasta (whatever kind you prefer)
- 340g raw peeled king prawns
- 70g parmesan cheese (grated)
Spicy prawn pasta bake instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220 degrees C / Gas mark 7
- Heat a large ovenproof dish with a tbsp of olive oil, over medium heat. Fry the garlic and chili flakes in the dish for 30 seconds, watching closely that the garlic doesn’t begin to burn.
- Add the vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, and dried basil, and bring to a boil.
- Next, stir in the pasta, cover with a lid (or foil if you don’t have one), and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove the dish and stir in the prawns. Re-cover and put it back in the oven for around 10 minutes, or until both the prawns and pasta are cooked through.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, and maybe some garlic bread on the side!
I told you it was quick and easy!
- carbohydrate: 69.8g
- cholesterol: 86mg
- dietary fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 524mg
- protein: 42.9g
- saturated fat: 3.7g
- sodium: 466mg
- sugars: 3.6g
- total fat: 10.8g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you entered our Epicured Giveaway to win a $100 Gift Card?