Swiss Chicken Bake
When I'm looking for a super easy, delicious, protein-packed dinner, this is my go-to recipe! With not much prep time or energy required, this is totally feasible for weeknight meals. To be honest, most of the time required for this recipe is while the chicken bakes in the oven, and you can definitely rest during that time if feeling low on energy because of Crohn's disease or UC. Depending on how I feel, I will make potatoes or rice or a vegetable as a side to round out my plate.
Makes 4 servings
Prep and cook time: 15 minutes prep and 50-55 minutes cook time
Swiss chicken bake ingredients
- ½ cup of Italian dressing
- 4 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup of Italian style breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-8 swiss cheese slices
Step by step instructions to make the chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the Italian dressing in a bowl and dip the chicken breasts in the dressing, coating them thoroughly.
- Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Generously coat the chicken breasts in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken in a greased baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place a slice or two of Swiss cheese on each breast.
- Place back in the oven for five additional minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve with your favorite sides or pasta.
- calories: 447
- cholesterol: 122mg
- dietary fiber: 1.1g
- potassium: 81mg
- protein: 46.1g
- saturated fat: 10g
- sodium: 790mg
- total fat: 20.7g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you keep a food diary to help manage symptoms?