Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Has anyone taken Budesonide?

I suffer with Crohn’s/ IBD . It has taken over my life. I can hardly leave my house and sometimes I can’t even make it to the bathroom. They have tried me on different medications but I’m allergic to so much now they want to try me on Budesonide. I am terrified to try it since the last medicine they tried me on, I ended me up in the hospital. So, I’m at the point that I don’t want to suffer with Crohn’s but I’m also scared of the medicine since I am allergic to so much. Has anyone taken Budesonide for their Crohn’s ??

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The InflammatoryBowelDisease.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

• Connie L S author
    1 month ago

Someone please help I have been on Budesonide for 17 days now and I am still suffering with running to the bathroom and severe cramping and yes I have called my GI doctor and he said keep taking the medicine. Not much help. Has anyone been on this medicine and still suffered with cramping have I not been on the medicine long enough for it to kick in ?

• Julie Marie Palumbo moderator
    2 months ago

Yes! I have a few times (once on Entocort and once on Uceris) for my Crohn’s and it was great. It’s a steroid, but unlike the dreaded Prednisone, it is localized to the area that is affected so you don’t get the nasty side effects.
    I am also allergic to Remicade and penicillin so my medication list is quite limited and I had no allergic reaction to Budesonide either time 🙂 Hope this helps!

–Julie (Team Member)

• Connie L S author
    2 months ago

Thank you so much did you start out on 9mg ? I am on 3 mg for a week then go to 6 mg and then 9mg so far I am just experience being nausea and eating a lot . The doctor wants me to lose 30 pounds but at this rate it’s going to be really hard. I don’t wish crohn’s On anyone.

• Connie L S author
    1 month ago

Thank you so much hopefully I am on the way to recovery because I have suffered with Crohn’s disease for a long time and been on different medicines for it but was allergic to most of them . It’s not a whole lot of any medicines I can take even when I have a cold . Any information is greatly appreciated .

• Mike S.
    2 months ago

I just finished my third Budesonide taper due to a flare up. I must say that I much prefer it to Prednisone.

Unlike Prednisone I’ve had very few side effects with Budesonide, other than a slight change in appetite. Oh, and nausea the very first time I was on it, but the doctor prescribed an anti-nausea (can’t remember the name of it) at the time which minimized that.

Crohn’s disease is certainly not fun but you’re definitely in the right place for questions and support.

• ShelbyComito moderator
    1 month ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience and help out others here @silvermike!
    – Shelby, InflammatoryBowelDiesease.net Team Member