Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: January 2016.
- How does the gallbladder work? PubMed Health, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072570/. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Gallstones, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/gallstones. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Abraham S, Rivero HG, Erlikh IV, et al. Surgical and nonsurgical management of gallstones. Am Fam Physician. 2014;89:795-802.
- Stinton LM, Shaffer EA. Epidemiology of gallbladder disease: cholelithiasis and cancer. Gut Liver. 2012;6:172-187.
- Parente F, Pastore L, Bargiggia S, et al. Incidence and risk factors for gallstones in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: A large case-control study. Hepatology. 2007;45:1267-1274.
- Wilkins T, Jarvis K, Patel J. Diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:1365-1375.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diagnostic-tests/endoscopic-retrograde-cholangiopancreatography. Accessed 1/11/18.