Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Rieder F, Zimmermann EM, Remzi FH, Sandborn WJ. Crohn's disease complicated by strictures: a systematic review. Gut. 2013;62:1072-1084.
- Rogler G. Pathogenesis of strictures in ulcerative colitis: a field to explore. Digestion. 2011;84:10-11. doi: 10.1159/000321618.
- Complications of inflammatory bowel disease, Medscape. Available at https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1918545-overview#a2. Accessed 1/12/18.
- Abdominal adhesions, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/abdominal-adhesions. Accessed 1/12/18.
- Cima RR, Wolff BG. Reoperative Crohn's surgery: tricks of the trade. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2007;20:336-343.
- Jackson PG, Raiji MT. Evaluation and management of intestinal obstruction. Am Fam Physician. 2011;83:159-165.
- What is computed tomography? US Food and Drug Administration. Available at https://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/MedicalImaging/MedicalX-Rays/ucm115318.htm. Accessed 1/12/18.
- CT Enterography, Johns Hopkins Medicine. Available at https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/test_procedures/gastroenterology/ct_enterography_135,60/. Accessed 1/12/18.