Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- McGowan CE, Jones P, Long MD, Barritt AS 4th. Changing shape of disease: Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Crohn's disease-a case series and review of the literature. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:49-54.
- Wilkins T, Tadkod A, Hepburn I, Schade RR. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2013;88:35-42.
- Gizard E, Ford AC, Bronowicki JP, Peyrin-Biroulet L. Systematic review: The epidemiology of the hepatobiliary manifestations in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014;40:3-15.
- Ng V, Millard W, Lebrun C, Howard J. Exercise and Crohn's disease: Speculations on potential benefits. Can J Gastroenterol. 2006;20:657-660.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. How much physical activity do adults need? Available at http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/adults/index.htm. Accessed 1/15/18.
- National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Primary sclerosing cholangitis. Available at: http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/liver-disease/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis/Documents/Primry_Sclerosing_Cholangitis_508.pdf. Accessed 1/15/18.
- PubMed Health. How does the gallbladder work? Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072570/. Accessed 1/15/18.
- Lindor KD, Kowdley KV, Harrison ME. ACG Clinical Guideline: Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2015;110:646-659.
- National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography). Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diagnostic-tests/endoscopic-retrograde-cholangiopancreatography. Accessed 1/15/18.
- Rojas-Feria M, Castro M, Suárez E, et al. Hepatobiliary manifestations in inflammatory bowel disease: the gut, the drugs and the liver. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:7327-7340.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis B FAQ for health professionals. Available at https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hbv/hbvfaq.htm. Accessed 1/15/18.
- National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. What I need to know about hepatitis B. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/liver-disease/viral-hepatitis/hepatitis-b. Accessed 1/15/18.
- National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. What I need to know about hepatitis C. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/liver-disease/viral-hepatitis/hepatitis-c. Accessed 1/15/18.
- Rahier JF, Magro F, Abreu C, et al; European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation (ECCO). Second European evidence-based consensus on the prevention, diagnosis and management of opportunistic infections in inflammatory bowel disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2014;8:443-468.