Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- The facts about inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. Available at http://www.ccfa.org/assets/pdfs/updatedibdfactbook.pdf. Accessed 1/16/18.
- Lee SD. The role of endoscopy in inflammatory bowel disease. MedGenMed. 2001;3(4). Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/407979
- De Cruz P, Kamm MA, Prideaux L, et al. Mucosal healing in Crohn's disease: a systematic review. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:429-444.
- Neurath MF, Travis SP. Mucosal healing in inflammatory bowel diseases: a systematic review. Gut. 2012;61:1619-1635.
- Wilkins T, Jarvis K, Patel J. Diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:1365-1375.
- Hovde Ø, Moum BA. Epidemiology and clinical course of Crohn's disease: results from observational studies. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:1723-1731.
- Lichtenstein GR, Hanauer SB, Sandborn WJ; Practice Parameters Committee of American College of Gastroenterology. Management of Crohn's disease in adults. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104:465-483.
- Allez M, Lemann M, Bonnet J, et al. Long term outcome of patients with active Crohn's disease exhibiting extensive and deep ulcerations at colonoscopy. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:947-953.