Delayed Growth and Puberty
Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Blondell RD, Foster MB, Dave KC. Disorders of puberty. Am Fam Physician. 1999;60:209-218, 223-224.
- Moeeni V, Day AS. Impact of Inflammatory Bowel Disease upon Growth in Children and Adolescents. ISRN Pediatrics. 2011;2011:365712. doi:10.5402/2011/365712.
- DeBoer MD, Denson LA. Delays in puberty, growth, and accrual of bone mineral density in pediatric Crohn's disease: Despite temporal changes in disease severity, the need for monitoring remains. J Pediatr. 2013;163:17-22.
- Bharadwaj S, Kulkarni G, Shen B. Menstrual cycle, sex hormones in female inflammatory bowel disease patients with and without surgery. J Dig Dis. 2015;16:245-255.
- Gasparetto M, Guariso G. Crohn's disease and growth deficiency in children and adolescents. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:13219-13233.
- Hartman C, Eliakim R, Shamir R. Nutritional status and nutritional therapy in inflammatory bowel diseases. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2570-2578.
- Pappa H, Thayu M, Sylvester F, et al. Skeletal health of children and adolescents with inflammatory bowel disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011;53:11-25.
- Donnellan CF, Yann LH, Lal S. Nutritional management of Crohn's disease. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2013;6:231-242.