Inflammation of the Liver and Bile Ducts
Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Ott C, Schölmerich J. Extraintestinal manifestations and complications in IBD. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;10:585-595.
- How does the gallbladder work? PubMed Health, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072570/. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis. National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/liver-disease/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis/Documents/Primry_Sclerosing_Cholangitis_508.pdf. Accessed 1/12/18.
- Saich R, Chapman R. Primary sclerosing cholangitis, autoimmune hepatitis and overlap syndromes in inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:331-337.
- Lindor KD, Kowdley KV, Harrison ME. ACG clinical guideline: Primary sclerosing cholangitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2015;110:646-659.
- Rojas-Feria M, Castro M, Suárez E, et al. Hepatobiliary manifestations in inflammatory bowel disease: the gut, the drugs and the liver. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:7327-7340.
- Autoimmune hepatitis. National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/liver-disease/autoimmune-hepatitis/Documents/AutoImmuneHep_508.pdf. Accessed 1/12/18.
- Parente F, Pastore L, Bargiggia S, et al. Incidence and risk factors for gallstones in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: A large case-control study. Hepatology. 2007;45:1267-1274.
- Wilkins T, Jarvis K, Patel J. Diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:1365-1375.
- Stinton LM, Shaffer EA. Epidemiology of gallbladder disease: Cholelithiasis and cancer. Gut Liver. 2012;6:172-187.
- Definition and facts for gallstones. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/gallstones/definition-facts. Accessed 1/12/18.
- Abraham S, Rivero HG, Erlikh IV, et al. Surgical and nonsurgical management of gallstones. Am Fam Physician. 2014;89:795-802.