Urgency and Incontinence
Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Fargo MV, Latimer KM. Evaluation and management of common anorectal conditions. Am Fam Physician. 2012;85:624-630.
- Bharucha AE, Dunivan G, Goode PS, et al. Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and classification of fecal incontinence: State of the science summary for the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) workshop. Am J Gastroenterol. 2015;110:127-136.
- Norton C, Dibley LB, Bassett P. Faecal incontinence in inflammatory bowel disease: Associations and effect on quality of life. J Crohns Colitis. 2013;7:302-311.
- Geltzeiler CB, Wieghard N, Tsikitis VL. Recent developments in the surgical management of perianal fistula for Crohn's disease. Ann Gastroenterol. 2014;27:320-330.
- Wenzl HH. Diarrhea in chronic inflammatory bowel diseases. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2012;41:651-675.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. Advocacy toolkit. Available at at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/assets/pdfs/advocacy-toolkit-2013.pdf. Accessed 1/16/18.
- Owens S. The grassroots movement to change the nation's public restroom laws. U.S. News and World Report. December 12, 2012. Available at http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/20/the-grassroots-movement-to-change-the-nations-public-restroom-laws. Accessed 1/16/18. Tresca A. The restroom access act. VeryWell. January 12, 2017. Available at https://www.verywell.com/the-restroom-access-act-1942432. Accessed 1/16/18.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis: A guide for teachers and other school personnel. Available at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/guide-for-teachers.html. Accessed 1/16/18.