Written by: Anna Nicholson and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: May 2019.
- Guo M. Prebiotics and Probiotics. J Prob Health. 2015;3:e120. doi: 10.4172/2329-8901.1000e120
- Guarner F. Prebiotics in inflammatory bowel diseases. British Journal of Nutrition. 2007;98(1):S85-S89.
- Fujimori S, Tatsuguchi A, Gudis K, et al. High dose probiotic and prebiotic cotherapy for remission induction of active Crohn’s disease. J Gastroenterol and Hepatol. 2007 Aug;22(8):1199-1204.
- Sartor RB. Therapeutic manipulation of the enteric microflora in inflammatory bowel diseases: antibiotics, probiotics, and prebiotics. Gastroenterology 2004;126(6):1620-1633.
- Do I need to include probiotics and prebiotics in my diet? Mayo Clinic. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/probiotics/faq-20058065. Accessed 1/1018.