Written by: Anna Nicholson and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: September 2019.
- Types of Medications, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. Available at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/types-of-medications.html. Accessed 1/18/18.
- Fact Sheet: Corticosteroids, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America. Available at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/corticosteroids-2015.pdf. Accessed 1/18/18.
- Prednisone and other corticosteroids, Mayo Clinic. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/steroids/art-20045692. Accessed 1/18/18.
- Katz, Jeffry. The Practical Use of Corticosteroids in the Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Practical Gastroenterology. January 2005. Available at https://www.practicalgastro.com/pdf/KatzArticleJan05.pdf. Accessed 1/18/18.
- Irving, P. M., Gearry, R. B., Sparrow, M. P. and Gibson, P. R. (2007), Review article: appropriate use of corticosteroids in Crohn’s disease. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 26: 313–329. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2036.2007.03379.x