Written by: Stephanie Hughes | Last Reviewed: May 2019.
- Ileoanastomosis (J-pouch) surgery. Mayo Clinic. Available at https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/j-pouch-surgery/about/pac-20385069. Accessed 3/21/18.
- Ileo-anal reservoir (J-pouch) procedure. GI Society. Available at https://www.badgut.org/information-centre/ostomies/ileo-anal-reservoir-j-pouch-procedure/. Accessed 3/21/18.
- Special concerns for people with J-pouches. UCSF Health. Available at https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/special_concerns_for_people_with_j-pouches/. Accessed 3/21/18.
- Gorgun E, Remzi FH. Complications of Ileoanal Pouches. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2004;17(1):43-55. doi:10.1055/s-2004-823070.
- Surgery for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Available at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/resources/surgery-for-crohns-uc.html. Accessed 3/22/18.
- Shen, B., & Lashner, B. A. Diagnosis and Treatment of Pouchitis. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2008 May; 4(5): 355–361.