Ulcerative Colitis Statistics
Written by: Anna Nicholson | Last Reviewed: January 2016.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. The facts about inflammatory bowel disease. Accessed 3/15/16 at: http://www.ccfa.org/assets/pdfs/updatedibdfactbook.pdf.
- Loftus EV Jr. Clinical epidemiology of inflammatory bowel disease: Incidence, prevalence, and environmental influences. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:1504-1517. Full Text2
- Kappelman MD, Moore KR, Allen JK, Cook SF. Recent trends in the prevalence of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in a commercially insured US population. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:519-525. Full Text
- Betteridge JD, Armbruster SP, Maydonovitch C, Veerappan GR. Inflammatory bowel disease prevalence by age, gender, race, and geographic location in the U.S. military health care population. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:1421-1417. Abstract
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Epidemiology of the IBD. Accessed 3/14/16 at: http://www.cdc.gov/ibd/ibd-epidemiology.htm.
- Lakatos PL. Recent trends in the epidemiology of inflammatory bowel diseases: up or down? World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:6102-6108.
- Kappelman MD, Rifas-Shiman SL, Porter CQ, et al. Direct health care costs of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in US children and adults. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1907-1913. Full Text
- Longobardi T, Jacobs P, Bernstein CN. Work losses related to inflammatory bowel disease in the United States: results from the National Health Interview Survey. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003;98:1064-1072.