Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Children and Teens
Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Ruel J, Ruane D, Mehandru S, et al. IBD across the age spectrum: Is it the same disease? Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;11:88-98.
- Kappelman MD, Moore KR, Allen JK, Cook SF. Recent trends in the prevalence of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in a commercially insured US population. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:519-525.
- de Zoeten EF, Pasternak BA, Mattei P, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of perianal Crohn disease: NASPGHAN clinical report and consensus statement. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2013;57:401-412.
- DeBoer MD, Denson LA. Delays in puberty, growth, and accrual of bone mineral density in pediatric Crohn's disease: Despite temporal changes in disease severity, the need for monitoring remains. J Pediatr. 2013;163:17-22.
- Pappa H, Thayu M, Sylvester F, et al. Skeletal health of children and adolescents with inflammatory bowel disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2011;53:11-25.
- Hartman C, Eliakim R, Shamir R. Nutritional status and nutritional therapy in inflammatory bowel diseases. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2570-2578.
- Donnellan CF, Yann LH, Lal S. Nutritional management of Crohn's disease. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2013;6:231-242.
- Mackner LM, Greenley RN, Szigethy E, et al. Psychosocial issues in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease: Report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2013;56:449-458.
- Nicholas DB, Swan SR, Gerstle TJ, et al. Struggles, strengths, and strategies: An ethnographic study exploring the experiences of adolescents living with an ostomy. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2008;6:114.
- Hommel KA, Greenley RN, Maddux MH, et al. Self-management in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease: A clinical report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2013;57:250-257.