2.5 years ago I was diagnosed with UC. I have been on what seems every type of medication and biologic but never been able to get off those pesky steroids before flaring.
Now, after my latest flare (sat in hospital writing this) I have been told there is no alternative but to have surgery (gulp) will be be returning to hospital at a later date for an ileostomy.
Then at an even later date decide what's next.
I've obviously scared, but relieved that I've now made a decision which will hopefully be a positive one.
I've had previous responses from some of you guys who have been through this before.
Any advice going forward would be great.
Also I have been researching a possible j pouch in the future. Does anyone have one and if so could weigh up some pros and cons and give me some feedback?