Last updated: June 2023
This wonderful dish is calm on the stomach. If the pine nuts worry you, you don't have to use them. It is hearty, so save some for another night. You will be licking your fingers by the end, with a big smile on your face!
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients for cauliflower pie
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium-size head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg, to taste
Directions to make cauliflower pie:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into small florets. Chop the onion.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. In a separate large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste.
- Pour into pie plate, pressing the mixture into the plate with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 45–50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- calories: 381
- cholesterol: 123mg
- dietary fiber: 6.2g
- potassium: 660mg
- protein: 12.5g
- saturated fat: 3.7g
- sodium: 91mg
- total fat: 27.9g
Do you have any recipe requests? Share them in the comments below! Or, let us know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out!
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you experience more oral health issues with IBD?
Join the conversation