Chocolate Almond Butter Balls
These little snack bites are perfect when you are looking to satisfy your sweet tooth! I try to eliminate as much processed sugar from my diet as possible, so substituting these chocolate almond butter balls for a piece of candy has been a game-changer.
Note: If you cannot tolerate chia seeds, please omit them. And, if you cannot tolerate almonds, coat the outside with shredded, unsweetened coconut instead.
Makes 16 Balls
Ingredients for chocolate almond butter balls:
- 4 Tbsp vanilla protein powder (I like MRM Veggie Elite Vanilla that is vegan and gluten free with no added sugar)
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp almond butter (I prefer Mara Natha Creamy Almond Butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (any organic, or Trader Joe’s brand is good)
- 2 Tbsp organic honey
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
Directions to make chocolate almond butter balls:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Roll into ½ inch balls and coat in sliced almonds.
- calories: 125
- cholesterol: 9mg
- dietary fiber: 4g
- potassium: 152mg
- protein: 5.8g
- sodium: 1mg
- total fat: 8.6g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Does exercising regularly help in the management of your symptoms?