My super easy 4-ingredient oat and banana cookies
My son is now 8 months old so I am starting to get more adventurous in the kitchen when it comes to his diet. I decided the other day to try and make him a simple oat and banana biscuit and it reminded me of this super easy recipe that I eat myself and am able to tolerate with Crohn's. I used to make years ago when I had a big bag of oats to use up! In my case, I added a few chocolate chips for sweetness, but for him, I'll be omitting that! Either way, they taste delicious!
Makes 4 cookies
The 4 basic ingredients for my super easy oat and banana cookies
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped almonds (or even better use almond flour so you don't need to blend!)
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (I'll be omitting this for my little boy and added dried/fresh fruit instead-I think blueberries will work amazing!) or grate a few squares of dark chocolate instead.
- 1 mashed banana
You can always chuck in whatever you have in your cupboard like flaxseeds, protein powders or peanut butter too.
How to make my super easy oat and banana cookies
- Blend the oats and almonds in a blender or nutribullet. This will make a thinner, flour-like consistency
- Mash banana
- In a mixing bowl, mix mashed banana, flour blend and the chocolate (as well as any extras)
- This should make a sticky mixture but if you find it's too floury, you can add a little liquid-like melted butter or water- to make it a little more 'wet' and malleable
- Roll into small balls and pop on a lined baking tray
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes
2 Cookies Per Serving
- calories: 142
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 2.4g
- potassium: 106mg
- protein: 3.6g
- saturated fat: 2.2g
- sodium: 2mg
- total fat: 5.5g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you visited our new and improved Forums page?