Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie
This peanut butter berry smoothie is simple to make and easy to digest with Crohn's disease. It's the perfect breakfast or snack for a hot summer day. The peanut butter powder in the smoothie also provides protein for those who can not eat traditional peanut butter.
Makes 2 smoothies
Ingredients for peanut butter berry smoothie:
- 1.5 cups 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- ½ cup 2% milk
- Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon, to taste
Directions to make the peanut butter berry smoothie
- Add yogurt, berries, banana, peanut butter powder, flaxseed and milk to blender; puree until smooth.
- Add water through the hole in the top of the lid to thin out, if needed.
- Add ice to blender and puree to your liking.
- Pour into two 16oz glasses and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- calories: 265
- cholesterol: 5mg
- dietary fiber: 6.3g
- potassium: 370mg
- protein: 23.8g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 94mg
- total fat: 3.5g
Disclaimer: Everyone with inflammatory bowel disease is different. We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Have you visited our new and improved Forums page?