Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie
This peanut butter berry smoothie is simple to make and easy to digest with Crohn's disease. It's the perfect breakfast or snack for a hot summer day. The peanut butter powder in the smoothie also provides protein for those who can not eat traditional peanut butter.
Makes 2 smoothies
Ingredients for peanut butter berry smoothie:
- 1.5 cups 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- ½ cup 2% milk
- Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon, to taste
Directions to make the peanut butter berry smoothie
- Add yogurt, berries, banana, peanut butter powder, flaxseed and milk to blender; puree until smooth.
- Add water through the hole in the top of the lid to thin out, if needed.
- Add ice to blender and puree to your liking.
- Pour into two 16oz glasses and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- calories: 265
- cholesterol: 5mg
- dietary fiber: 6.3g
- potassium: 370mg
- protein: 23.8g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 94mg
- total fat: 3.5g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you take our In America survey to help others understand the true impact of Crohn's and UC?