Quinoa is a great source of protein that is more easily digested than animal protein. It is also super easy to make and can be added to soups, salads, or eaten alone as a side. Keeping quinoa in my pantry (or freezer if it is the steam-in-bag kind) is essential since I can whip it up whenever I want a protein-packed whole grain that satisfies my carb cravings yet offers the protein I need in my diet.
This quinoa bowl is perfect for lunch or dinner and if you make the quinoa ahead of time, you can put it together in a few minutes and have a delicious, healthy, and satisfying meal.
Note: If you cannot tolerate quinoa, feel free to sub with brown or white rice.
Makes 2 servings
Quinoa bowl ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package
- 2 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Oregano for garnishing
- Optional: Lean protein of your choice
Directions to make the quinoa bowl:
- In a small bowl, mix cooked quinoa with rice vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread quinoa on the bottom of your serving bowl and arrange avocado, tomatoes, and cucumber, feta, and parsley on top of the quinoa.
- Sprinkle with oregano and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
- calories: 310
- cholesterol: 8mg
- dietary fiber: 5.1g
- potassium: 454mg
- protein: 8.2g
- saturated fat: 3.8g
- sodium: 112mg
- total fat: 16.6g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you take our In America survey to help others understand the true impact of Crohn's and UC?