Sheet Pan Stir Fry
Getting enough veggies as a Crohn's patient can be difficult, but sometimes eating cooked veggies can be easier on the digestive system. One reason I love this stir fry is because it is especially easy to make since it is all prepared on one baking sheet, and it requires very little oil since it is not pan-fried in a wok.
And, for those on the go, this is a great recipe to prepare ahead of time. I like to cut and prep my veggies and chicken, store them in gallon-sized bags in the refrigerator along with my sauce, and simply assemble and bake when the time is ready to eat. Leftovers are also great, and feel free to get creative with what you add as your base, whether it be rice or noodles, the possibilities are endless!
Ingredients for sheet pan stir fry recipe
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
Kung pao sauce ingredients
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- Sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
Directions for sheet pan stir fry recipe
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Cut carrots into 1/4-inch halves, bell peppers into squares, broccoli into florets, and chicken into cubes. Combine with green beans and lay out on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Make kung pao sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until mixed thoroughly. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and veggies, stir.
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven, add the remaining sauce (re-whisk in case corn starch has settled), toss, and cook for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy immediately.
- carbohydrates: 27.4g
- cholesterol: 101mg
- dietary fiber: 4.6g
- protein: 35.8g
- saturated fat: 2.3g
- sodium: 275mg
- sugars: 16.7g
- total fat: 8.6g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you entered our HidrateSpark Summer Kickoff Giveaway?