Sweet Potato and Bone Broth Soup
I feel as if I'm living off soup at the moment. It's great when I've got a cold (which I always seem to have right now!) or my gut isn't happy. I always find soups really easy to digest, as obviously everything is blended smoothly. I've made this soup in batches every few days at the moment and it just uses a handful of ingredients.
I either use pure bone broth (which I do find seems to help an angry gut in my own experience) or, if I can't get that, I use chicken stock (and try to get one with as high a concentration of chicken bones as possible and one with very few added ingredients). I then just add some sweet potato, parsnip, and potato, cook, and then blend! It's super easy to make and is delicious.
Ingredients for my sweet potato and bone broth soup
- 1 parsnip
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 large potato
- 750mls/3 cups of bone broth or chicken stock
- A dash of dairy-free milk
Method for my sweet potato and bone broth soup
- Peel and chop your potatoes, sweet potatoes, and parsnip.
- Add to a pan and pour over all your bone broth.
- Heat this for around 25-30 minutes, until vegetables have completely softened.
- Either add to a food processer/blender or use a hand blender to blend and make smooth.
- One blended, pour to serve, and stir in a dash of dairy-free milk for creaminess.
- calories: 243
- dietary fiber: 7.5g
- protein: 13.7g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 135mg
- sugars: 8.2g
- total fat: 1.6g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you entered our HidrateSpark Summer Kickoff Giveaway?