Sweet Potato and Bone Broth Soup
I feel as if I'm living off soup at the moment. It's great when I've got a cold (which I always seem to have right now!) or my gut isn't happy. I always find soups really easy to digest, as obviously everything is blended smoothly. I've made this soup in batches every few days at the moment and it just uses a handful of ingredients.
I either use pure bone broth (which I do find seems to help an angry gut in my own experience) or, if I can't get that, I use chicken stock (and try to get one with as high a concentration of chicken bones as possible and one with very few added ingredients). I then just add some sweet potato, parsnip, and potato, cook, and then blend! It's super easy to make and is delicious.
Ingredients for my sweet potato and bone broth soup
- 1 parsnip
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 large potato
- 750mls/3 cups of bone broth or chicken stock
- A dash of dairy-free milk
Method for my sweet potato and bone broth soup
- Peel and chop your potatoes, sweet potatoes, and parsnip.
- Add to a pan and pour over all your bone broth.
- Heat this for around 25-30 minutes, until vegetables have completely softened.
- Either add to a food processer/blender or use a hand blender to blend and make smooth.
- One blended, pour to serve, and stir in a dash of dairy-free milk for creaminess.
- calories: 243
- dietary fiber: 7.5g
- protein: 13.7g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 135mg
- sugars: 8.2g
- total fat: 1.6g
Disclaimer: InflammatoryBowelDisease.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you take our In America survey to help others understand the true impact of Crohn's and UC?