Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: January 2016.
- Rieder F, Zimmermann EM, Remzi FH, Sandborn WJ. Crohn's disease complicated by strictures: A systematic review. Gut. 2013;62:1072-1084.
- Freeman HJ. Natural history and long-term clinical course of Crohn's disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:31-36.
- Richards RJ. Management of abdominal and pelvic abscess in Crohn's disease. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2011;3:209-212.
- Marrero F, Qadeer MA, Lashner BA. Severe complications of inflammatory bowel disease. Med Clin North Am. 2008;92:671-686.
- Wilkins T, Jarvis K, Patel J. Diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:1365-1375.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Gallstones. Accessed 6/27/15 at: http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/gallstones/Pages/facts.aspx - 7
- Stinton LM, Shaffer EA. Epidemiology of gallbladder disease: Cholelithiasis and cancer. Gut Liver. 2012;6:172-187.
- von Roon AC, Reese G, Teare J, et al. The risk of cancer in patients with Crohn's disease. Dis Colon Rectum. 2007;50:839-855.
- Rojas-Feria M, Castro M, Suárez E, Ampuero J, Romero-Gómez M. Hepatobiliary manifestations in inflammatory bowel disease: the gut, the drugs and the liver. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:7327-7340.
- McGowan CE, Jones P, Long MD, Barritt AS 4th. Changing shape of disease: Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Crohn's disease-a case series and review of the literature. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:49-54.
- Donnellan CF, Yann LH, Lal S. Nutritional management of Crohn's disease. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2013;6:231-242.
- Bernstein CN, Leslie WD, Leboff MS. AGA technical review on osteoporosis in gastrointestinal diseases. Gastroenterology. 2003;124:795-841.