Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- New Crohn’s and Colitis UK study offers fatigue breakthrough, Crohn’s and Colitis UK. Available at https://www.crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/news/new-crohns-and-colitis-uk-study-offers-fatigue-breakthrough. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Singh S, Blanchard A, Walker JR, et al. Common symptoms and stressors among individuals with inflammatory bowel diseases. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;9:769-775.
- van Langenberg DR, Gibson PR. Systematic review: Fatigue in inflammatory bowel disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2010;32:131-143.
- Cohen BL, Zoëga H, Shah SA, et al. Fatigue is highly associated with poor health-related quality of life, disability and depression in newly-diagnosed patients with inflammatory bowel disease, independent of disease activity. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2014;39:811-822.
- Ranjbaran Z, Keefer L, Farhadi A, et al. Impact of sleep disturbances in inflammatory bowel disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:1748-1753.
- Stein J, Dignass AU. Management of iron deficiency anemia in inflammatory bowel disease - a practical approach. Ann Gastroenterol. 2013;26:104-113.
- Loftus EV Jr, Guérin A, Yu AP, et al. Increased risks of developing anxiety and depression in young patients with Crohn's disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011;106:1670-1677.
- Kurina L, Goldacre M, Yeates D, Gill L. Depression and anxiety in people with inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 2001;55(10):716-720. doi:10.1136/jech.55.10.716.
- Vogelaar L, van't Spijker A, van Tilburg AJ, et al. Determinants of fatigue in Crohn's disease patients. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;25:246-251.
- Rosenthal TC, Majeroni BA, Pretorius R, Malik K. Fatigue: An overview. Am Fam Physician. 2008;78:1173-1179.
- van Langenberg DR, Gibson PR. Factors associated with physical and cognitive fatigue in patients with Crohn's disease: A cross-sectional and longitudinal study. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2014;20:115-125.
- Travis B. Tired of being tired: Managing fatigue and sleep with IBD. Presented at: Crohn’s & Colitis Presented at: Foundation of America Northern California Chapter Patient and Family Education Symposium; April 19, 2015; Palo Alto, CA.