Fever and Night Sweats
Written by: Sarah O'Brien and Emily Downward | Last Reviewed: January 2018.
- Fever, MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available at https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003090.htm. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Wilkins T, Jarvis K, Patel J. Diagnosis and management of Crohn's disease. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:1365-1375.
- Ulcerative colitis, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/digestive-diseases/ulcerative-colitis. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Lichtenstein GR, Hanauer SB, Sandborn WJ; Practice Parameters Committee of American College of Gastroenterology. Management of Crohn's disease in adults. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104:465-483.
- Mold JW, Holtzclaw BJ, McCarthy L. Night sweats: A systematic review of the literature. J Am Board Fam Med. 2012;25:878-893.
- Singh S, Blanchard A, Walker JR, et al. Common symptoms and stressors among individuals with inflammatory bowel diseases. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;9:769-775.
- Roth AR, Basello GM. Approach to the adult patient with fever of unknown origin. Am Fam Physician. 2003;68:2223-2228.
- Viera AJ, Bond MM, Yates SW. Diagnosing night sweats. Am Fam Physician. 2003;67:1019-1024.
- Body temperature norms, MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available at https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001982.htm. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Managing flares and other IBD symptoms, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. Available at http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/assets/pdfs/Managing-flares.pdf. Accessed 1/11/18.
- Travis B. Tired of being tired: Managing fatigue and sleep with IBD. Presented at: Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America Northern California Chapter Patient and Family Education Symposium; April 19, 2015; Palo Alto, CA. Available at http://online.ccfa.org/site/DocServer/Bayla_Travis-Fatigue.pdf/7629289?docID=29263. Accessed 1/11/18.