Back to all discussions

Can you get a handicap placard for Crohn's Disease?

This question has been pulled directly from our facebook page!

  1. Yes, you can absolutely get a handicap placard. Speak to your doctor, either GI or Rheumatologist, and have them sign the paperwork you have downloaded from the DMV in your state. IBD is considered a disability.

    1. Yes. I have never gotten one but I know that it is possible. You can also get disability for IBD. Thanks.

      Matt (Team Member)

      1. Can I get an application for a handy cap from the DMV in Ohio? I do not have a computer

        1. Hi Matthew, unfortunately this is not something we can provide for you. I would advise you to call the DMV directly to see if you can receive an application and then take the application to your doctor. Warmly, Pam (team member)

      or create an account to reply.